A Private Pilots Licence allows you to fly anywhere in Australia with passengers during daylight hours, in any helicopter for which an endorsement is held. Note that private pilots may not be remunerated for flying done. The V² Helicopters Private Pilots Licence PPL(H) course runs differently to other schools as we add the General Flying Proficiency Test to our course which allows the student to take passengers within the training area boundary prior to completing the PPL course. This added feature of our course gives you a better understanding of the testing environment for the Private licence and experience on the carriage of passengers.
Main Requirements for Private Licence
To obtain a Private Pilots Licence you must:
- Hold a Student Pilot Licence
- Be at least 17 years of age before the flight test
- Have passed the Basic Aeronautical Examination (BAK)
- Have completed minimum 50 hours practical training including a minimum of 16 hours as pilot in command (solo)
- Have passed 1 theory exam covering 7 subjects listed below
- Have passed the PPL Flight test with testing officer
- Hold a class 2 medical
- Hold an Aviation Security Identification Card
To obtain a private helicopter licence, you must complete 1 exam covering 7 theory subjects. These subjects are listed below :
- Human Factors
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Air Law
- Operations Performance and Planning
To complete the theory subjects you can choose to self study at home or come and learn at our theory college. We offer a full time theory course during the week and a series of evening classes for students with work commitments during the day. There is also the option of one to one direct tuition which is available at a time to suit you. The exams for the subjects are held at ASL PTY LTD (see link to the right) and are computer generated multi-choice exams. We have an ASL exam centre right here at Archerfield and our flight shop provides all the material required to complete the exams.
For more information about Private Pilots Licence why not call in for a coffee and chat to our friendly instructors about your options. Alternatively give us a call on 3274 6666 or click here to email us.