V2 Helicopters are in the process of putting together a VET FEE Help program for Commercial students. As this will not be underway in the near future, we have partnered with Madd Loans to arrange finance options for the private and commercial helicopter licence courses. These finance options are unique to each individual depending on your specific circumstances. If you are interested in obtaining information regarding finance options, please contact Madd Loans on 1300 623 356 and ask for George. He will be able to assist with the application process and any queries regarding finance.
Here is what you need to know about the Special Full Time Commercial Helicopter Licence deal:
Must be full time – This course is a FULL TIME course meaning you are expected to attend Mon-Fri for Approximately 15 weeks. You will also be required to top up your study at home during some evenings and weekends. This course cannot be done part-time, part-time students will be charged according to our regular flight pricing structure.
Duration – The length of the course is approximately 15 weeks subject to student ability and weather
Times – Course starts at 7:30 running through to 4pm Mon – Fri
Course Enrollment Requirements
- Student must weigh less than 109kg (Students will be weighed)
- Must be at least 18 at time of flight test at end of course
- Must be Australian Citizen or have Permanent residency status in Australia
- 105 Flight Hours in the Robinson R22 (Usually $56,175)
- Theory Tuition for 7 subjects* (Usually $3995)
- Theory Books for 7 Subjects (Usually $2200)
- Flight bag and study guides (Usually $250)
- Charts / Nav Equipment (Usually $250)
- ASL Exam Fees** (Usually $1050)
- Flight Test (Usually $1200) TOTAL COURSE VALUE $65,120
What’s NOT included
- Medical Examination/ Certificate (Approx $400 depending on individual circumstances)
- ASIC Card Airport Security Card ($200.20)
Cost – The cost for this course is $58,995 (GST Exempt) which must be paid upfront in full prior to course commencement
Here are the advantages of this full time course:
- Cheaper than the VET FEE courses which are approximately $90k-$100k when factoring in various fees and 20% interest
- Full time so no revising old lessons after long breaks – More efficient flying
- Get it done quicker than vet fee – Our course is approximately 15 weeks whereas the VET FEE course is 26 weeks!
- Learn with experienced instructors with 1000s of hours
- Accommodation nearby available at extra cost (Just $250per week including 3 meals a day)
- Exposure to controlled airspace (Archerfield) and central located only 20mins from Brisbane CBD
What if I already have some flying hours?
If you already have some flight hours then we may be able to arrange finance for your remaining hours only. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Below is some general information regarding your flight training with V Squared:
Why choose V2 Helicopters?
Unlike other companies, our core business is helicopter flight training which means all our efforts are channel towards your training. We also believe there is no substitute for experience. Our instructors have thousands of hours under their belts and train to the highest standards. Ken Amess has almost 23,000 hours flying experience and Roger Mohr has almost 10,000 hours so you will be in the best hands possible as a student at V2. Whether it’s a private or commercial licence, we will make sure that you are trained to the highest possible standard by the best instructors in the industry. All our graduates are safe, professional, capable pilots and subsequently are highly sought after to fill roles in the helicopter industry. With our links to industry operators you have the best chance of obtaining work after completing your licence with V2 Helicopters.
What’s the next step?
The next step is to come and see us, have a look around our helicopters and facility, meet the team and have a coffee with one of our instructors to talk through your options in further detail. We will then give you the initial forms to fill out to get started and plan your lesson schedule going forward. You may wish to do one of our Trial Introductory Flights where you get to take controls on a demonstration lesson to see if flying is really for you. This flight is 30 minutes in duration and costs $299 with an option to upgrade to the longer flight where you will be shown a series of low level maneuvers and advanced techniques.
We have attached our full training brochure for your reading and a link below to our comprehensive step-by-step guide to becoming a helicopter pilot.
If you require more information on our helicopter training or have any specific questions, give us a call (7 days) or email us and we will call you back at a time to suit you. Have a great day!