So you want to learn how to fly a helicopter? This is flight training re-imagined. We offer personalised quality helicopter pilot training Gold Coast. Whether you want to fly a helicopter for pleasure or as a profession, contact us if you are interested in any of our pilot training courses.
We offer a wide range of courses for helicopter pilot training Gold Coast.
If you are looking for top quality helicopter pilot training on the Gold Coast, you can choose from our wide range of quality courses:
- Private helicopter pilot licence (PPL): escape from the daily grind and challenge yourself.
- Commercial pilot licence (CPL): become a professional helicopter pilot.
- Licence conversion: convert your fixed wing or overseas helicopter licence.
- Aircraft endorsements: add additional aircraft to your existing licence.
- Night rating: learn how to fly at night.
- Mustering endorsement: learn how to muster cattle low level.
- Sling endorsement: learn how to safely sling loads under a helicopter.
- Instructor rating: become an instructor so you can share your career choice and passion with others.
Our helicopter pilot training is top quality!
There are several reasons why our courses are the best helicopter pilot training on the Gold Coast:
- All our courses are flexible. This means that you are able to train at a pace that best suits you.
- Benefit from seasoned instructors who have thousands of hours of experience.
- Helicopter theory tuition is available.
- V2 Helicopters provides great value for money. Finance packages and options allow you to spread out the cost of your training, making it more affordable.
- We even provide affordable local accommodation for you while you completing your training.
- Our team has invaluable contacts within the aviation industry. Every one of our CPL students has the opportunity to fly scenic and charter helicopter flights for V2 Helicopters. We do our utmost to assist in securing employment for all our students who quality as helicopter pilots.
No experience? Opt for an obligation-free trial lesson!
That’s right! Spend approximately 30 to 40 minutes in the air alongside an experienced and friendly pilot. You’ll have the opportunity to take over the controls and experience the thrill of flying a powerful helicopter! What’s more – if you decide to work towards a helicopter pilot licence, you can log this time toward your licence. Contact us to purchase an exciting trial lesson.
What are the requirements for a helicopter pilot licence?
If you want to fly helicopters as a hobby, not a career, then you are required to obtain your PPL. You must be at least 17 years old at the time of your test. Before the test you will have to pass a theory test and meet the flying time requirements. The hours required for a PPL are 50 hours flight time. You must have a class 2 aviation medical certificate and an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC). When you have met these requirements, you can then take your flight test with our in-house Authorised Testing Officer (ATO).
A commercial pilot licence (CPL) is required if you want to fly as a career. You need to be at least 18 years old at the time of your flight test. Every candidate must have passed seven CPL theory exams and accumulated 105 hours of flying time. You must hold a class 1 aviation medical certificate and an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC). Finally, you will need to pass your flight test with our in-house Authorised Testing Officer (ATO).
V2 Helicopters will help you achieve your dream of flying…
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team if you have any queries. We are here to help you take to the skies through professional, thorough, and safe training.